Friday, January 08, 2010

My Vacuum Threw Up!

So last night while I was at Brownies and Cub Scouts, Felisa threw up on the bed. Just a coughing fit gone bad... Ron changed the sheets and washed the dirty one.

Fast forward to today... Darby just got home from his walk with Grandma D. He promptly threw up on the rug in the entryway. So I had to pick up the rug to be washed, revealing all the dirt underneath. Which means I had to vacuum it all up. No big deal - the vacuum is already out and plugged in from earlier when I was cleaning up after the Christmas tree. Then I decided that I should probably empty the canister, as it was getting quite full.

I should mention that this is a new vacuum that Grandma R bought for us in November. Ron had emptied the canister the first few times so this was my first opportunity to do so.

First... I pushed the button that said "Push". So far, so good. Then I lifted the lever that said "Lift to empty".

Then... the vacuum threw up all over my clean living room floor.

I was expecting to pull the lever, and lift something up and out that I could then dump into the trash can.

Instead, the bottom dropped out and so did a giant pile of dust, dirt, and dog hair! Ack!

Note to self... next time, hold the cannister over a trash can BEFORE pulling the lever!!!


(also, I hope this is the end of the throw up for awhile...)

1 comment:

Scatteredmom said...

Oh no...when the appliances are throwing up too, that's a problem. :)