Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Embarrassing Moment at the Dentist Office

My gum was a little sore and red late last week... I was a little concerned that it was going to turn into a full-blown something over the weekend while the dentist office was closed. It didn't - stayed about the same. I called Monday morning for an appointment. Got one Wednesday morning so I wouldn't have to find a babysitter (school will be my babysitter!). I figured since it hadn't gotten worse over the weekend, I should be okay for another day or two.

So here it is Wednesday morning. I dropped the kids then rushed over so I wouldn't be late. Once I was there, Dr. B asked what was wrong. I told him. He looked. He couldn't see anything so he asked me to point to where it hurt. So I did. And he looked. And looked. Then he said, well you have a canker sore. Huh? A Canker Sore?!?! That's it? He told me he could give me medicine if I wanted but it should heal on its own. Well, duh. Of course it will. It's a canker sore, for crying out loud. I've had plenty of those in my life. I was SO embarrassed that I had gone into the office to be diagnosed with a canker sore. The good news is that he didn't charge me for my 30 seconds in the chair. Embarrassing, embarrassing, embarrassing! In my defense, it is all the way up in the crease where the gums meet the cheek so I had to look to find it. Once I got home I of course had to look for myself to see exactly how blind I really am. The redness of the gums must have distracted me from looking any further last week.

Canker sore. Duh.

No comments: