Thursday, May 10, 2007

And she doesn't even complain...

Walking home from school with Ryan the other day, the subject of parent volunteers came up. Clearly I'm not making the grade because I don't come in every week like a couple of the parents, but I'm not completely in the dog house because I have been there a couple times this year. I told him next year might be easier since I would have two students at the elementary school and maybe more time to help there.

Anyway, I asked him what sorts of things the weekly volunteers do. He told me that one mom sharpens the pencils. I said wow - sounds hard. He said that she does a good job and she doesn't even complain!

That's the sign of a good volunteer, I told him. Does a good job and doesn't ever complain!

Where do I sign up for pencil-sharpening duty? That's a job I think I could actually handle. :)

1 comment:

mapiprincesa! said...

Oh my gosh, he is so full of gems. That is hilarious.