Sunday, October 26, 2008

Beating the Streets

Oh my aching feet! Ryan and I spent over 2 hours this afternoon peddling Cub Scout popcorn at Safeway with our den. Then we went out around the neighborhood for another almost 2 hours. I just added up his order sheet and he's at almost $500. This doesn't count online orders from family members or his share of the sales from the storefront booth. A few more people should be ordering locally (including me!) so I think he's going to do super awesome this year! He would love to win the Nintendo DS2 but I doubt we'll make it to $2300 in sales before November 10! He worked hard but steady and didn't get discouraged so that was good. I had forgotten how long and exhausting door to door sales can be. It has been many years since I sold Girl Scout cookies, after all.

And because all of this popcorn peddling didn't make me or my feet tired enough... After dinner I made 8 half-pints of caramel apple jam and a pint of applesauce. That's what happens when you leave Grandma F alone with a giant bag of apples and a knife! She prepped them so I had to finish them off. That's the second batch of apples from our apple-picking adventure. Last time I made apple crisp and a quart of applesauce. Another couple days and I'll do the last batch. Maybe some more apple crisp...

2 comments:

Scatteredmom said...

oooo I'd LOVE that caramel apple jam recipe.....

:P Good luck with the popcorn sales! If I lived closer I'd buy some. :)

zirelda said...

That's funny. My mom was telling me how she'd come home from work and granny would have apples or tomatos ready to can. And mom would be so tired but she had to do something with them.....

Hope you're rested up.