Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Making progress, one breath at a time

Well, as Ryan pointed out this morning (almost as soon as he woke up), only 8 days until Christmas. I think the kids see this countdown in a different way than I do. They are so excited and can't wait and the time just creeps by so slowly. I, on the other hand, am trying not to worry because oh my gosh there's only 8 days left to get everything done!!!

I still haven't found the notebook but I've made new lists and hopefully not left anyone off! I was at the post office with everyone else in the world this morning and all packages containing gifts for kids have been mailed. All you adults on the list - your packages might be late. I hope you understand. I also ended up ordering my stamps online after all. Too bad I didn't just do that to start with on Sunday when I ran out of stamps. They might have been here already. Instead, it will take 5-7 business days. So Christmas cards... are going to be late. Oh well. Too bad, so sad. Better luck next year!

Over all, I feel pretty in control of the situation. Which means on Tuesday afternoon I'll suddenly remember something huge that I forgot. And then I'll panic! But until then, we're all good.

Felisa is not sleepy tonight. Private Practice is on and someone on the show couldn't breathe. Which prompted Felisa to tell me that:
Breathing you really need to do.

Then she started talking about the fire and air experiment that they did in school. She talked and talked while I tried to type fast enough to get it all down. Here's my best effort:
The fire uses the air. put container on a candle. and a cup or a dish it traps the air and that's how much air the fire is getting. it goes off when all the air is gone. it borrows it and when we put the dish earlier again he lighted again and then put the dish fast and then it gives it back a little tiny dish and you can't see anything and you put a little dot. just put one. don't put dish there very long or it will get more air than us and it will get so much air. so small dish goes out faster and big dish goes slower.

So... don't forget to breathe everyone!

some tigers they live in teh jungle. there is air. they get some leaves. some tigers do this.

1 comment:

Scatteredmom said...

lolol she sounds like Jake.

Don't worry about not having everything perfectly ready on the big day. It's a season, not a day, right? Or at least that's what I keep telling myself. :P