Sunday, December 07, 2008

Lost

You know you're reading Sheila's blog when... she's complaining about something she lost!

That's right, folks. I've lost something again. This time it's my Christmas notebook. You know, the one where I keep all my gift lists, hot chocolate mix recipes, Christmas Season To Do List, etc. The game plan. It's gone. Again.

Again, you say? Why yes, I did lose it last year too! I remember finding it at the very end of the season, buried at the bottom of the gift jars supply box. So I'm thinking that I would have put it away in a very safe place so that I wouldn't lose it again. (I looked in the gift jars supply box, in case you're wondering. It's not there.)

Or not. Because I CAN'T FIND IT!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

(pulling hair out, kicking and screaming in a tantrum on the floor)

Okay then. I guess Christmas really is cancelled. Ron gave me permission to just skip it (except for the tree and the kids' gifts of course!) this year and blame it all on him being gone. I just didn't think he would go so far as to hide my notebook so that I would be forced to go along with his plan.

(Okay, I know he didn't hide it. But it's easier to blame someone else for my problems than it is to accept responsibility for my endless disorganization and laziness and procrastination.)

4 comments:

Scatteredmom said...

You sound just like me! :) I lose lists all the time.

Awww don't cancel Christmas. It must be so hard to do it all without your Hubs there, though. Just do the stuff you and the kids really love, and don't sweat the small stuff. :P What you don't finish this year can always be done NEXT year. (or at least that's what I always say, lol!)

Mama Llama said...

We're all here to hold each other up during this season. You've held me up so many Christmases now, the least I can do is the same for you this year.

So lean on me, okay? Let your pride go and just lean.

Love you, Sheila. But you already know that.

Scatteredmom said...

Hey did ya happen to notice the giveaway I've got going? Two Starbucks cards and a $20 Macy's gift certificate? :)

There's only 1 entry. I think your chances are pretty good :P

Scatteredmom said...

Find it yet?

No matter. You WON a $5 Starbucks gift card! :) I'll get it in the mail to you as soon as you send me an address....oh and the mailbox gets shoveled out of the snow.....

:)