Monday, February 16, 2009

Cause and Effect

Cause: The kids are hungry.

Effect: They make their own breakfast. Which they frequently do, especially Ryan. I went downstairs this morning to see if anyone needed breakfast. Ryan had eaten his already. Raisin Bran with chocolate soymilk. Eeeewwww! I told him not to use chocolate milk on his cereal anymore. Bella had decided to make her own breakfast as well. It was her first time using the toaster oven. She had lined the tray with a paper towel so the bread wouldn't fall through the grate. Thankfully I found it before it warmed all the way up and started a fire. She now knows not to put any paper products into the toaster! Felisa was innocent throughout. This time, anyway.

*****

Cause: Ron is home, full of energy.

Effect: Our basement is being rearranged. LARGE piles of junk are being created at an alarming rate. Dusting and vaccuuming is being done which is good. Junk will eventually be cleared out, I hope. Ron will feel much better very soon. I, on the other hand, will take probably a month to recover and get everything cleared out, sorted, and put away. It is something that really needs to be done from time to time - I was surprised by how much trash and how many toys we found under the desk for example - when we stay in our house for several years. No moving means no big moving purges. We're about to bust at the seams here! Ron is braver than I - he just jumps in whole-heartedly. I'm more hesitant. I know it needs to be done and I want it to be done but I know it is going to make a BIG mess so I hesitate. I don't have time for big messes!

*****

Cause: There's a big mess in my basement!

Effect: My taxes will not be getting done today. And probably not this week. My deadline is Mar. 1 so it'll have to be done soon though. Wish me luck!

*****

Ah-choo! (It's a bit dusty in here today!)

No comments: