Saturday, February 14, 2009

Missing me?

So it has been brought to my attention by more than one person on more than one occasion that my blog has been neglected of late.

It's true.

I also neglected to put Felisa's birthday on the family calendar that I sent as Christmas gifts. Oops! Guess I was too busy making sure I got everyone else on who wanted to be added. I did have a birthday picture of her adorning the January page. So I at least gave a hint about her birthday. Better luck next year Felisa!

Things have been busy as usual. January was pretty much devoted to family time. After the cleaning frenzy to prepare for Ron's return, the two of us went to Camp Lejeune for a week. Then two days spent packing for our family trip to Disneyworld. In case anyone is wondering, a 10 day roadtrip to Disney requires just as much stuff as a month-long road trip across America. I didn't realize that but it turns out to pretty much be true.

The trip to Florida was fun. All until the last day when the starter on the van quit working. The guys over at the Disney Car Care Center took care of us. We spent the day buying DVC membership and shopping at Downtown Disney. We hit the road at about 5:30 p.m., just in time for rush hour traffic through Orlando. We had to cancel our stop in Rock Hill to see Lana. There was also a snow/ice storm headed for Virginia so we decided to just drive through the night. We arrived home just as the first snowflakes began to fall. Ron and Ryan slept all morning and then I had a nice afternoon nap. The girls apparently slept fine in the car because they just played all day. Wednesday was a snow day from school then Thursday was a 2-hour delay. Which brings us all the way to Jan. 29. See - told you there wasn't much going on in January but family time!

February has been busy so far as well. I spent 6 out of 10 days subbing at Parkwood. Felisa's class was my favorite. The one day I spent with the 2 1/2 year olds was good birth control. I have obviously forgotten how crazy-making a 2-year-old can be! The day spent with the young 4's was okay except for the three boys who just couldn't stop wrestling. Oh and the two pee-pee accidents. I enjoy the work but it takes a lot of energy and being in a different class each time is hard because you have to learn a new routine each day.

So now you all can stop complaining. There is clearly nothing interesting going on around here. And what little is happening has drained all my blogging energy!

2 comments:

Scatteredmom said...

I was just here earlier today, wondering what you have been up to lately. Ooo! Disney! I'd love to hear more and see the pictures! :)

Mama Llama said...

I konw you're busy. And I know you'll let us all know when you have a moment to check in.

Be well, She-ra.