Saturday, December 19, 2009

Serious Snow!

Wow - now that's some serious snow!

The Blizzard of 2009 is underway. We're at about a foot of snow already and it continues to snow and blow. Ron bundled up the kids, packed a bag of emergency supplies, and took the kids and a sled and headed up the street for a snow adventure. I'm sure they'll be having a great time. While they're gone, I need to keep working on household chores and Christmas projects. It'll be hot chocolate time when they get back!


In other news...

Wednesday night was pie-throwing night at the Pack meeting. I had two whipped cream pies thrown at me by my cubs. Ryan and Owen each got me with one. Very sticky! The first one ended up down my shirt and the second one was smeared in my hair! Unfortunately, I was so distracted by the sticky mess when I got home that I forgot to take my cell phone out of my pocket. It went through the wash Thursday afternoon. It's alive. Sort of. But barely. Hope Santa brings me a new one in my stocking because it doesn't look good for the long-term recovery.

Last night was Ryan's Friday Funday. Owen, Jacob, Winslow, Claire, and Zoe came over to hang out, eat pizza, ice cream cake, and watch a movie (Night at the Museum, Battle of the Smithsonian). Santa came by on the firetruck. Unfortunately he ran out of gas at the corner. The kids all thought that was funny. But then they got cold so went back in to finish the movie. It was snowing already at 10 when I was driving the kids home. Then I went out in search of gas to fill up the cars. Only one station in town was open with gas to sell. Yikes!

1 comment:

Scatteredmom said...

Sounds like fun! Hope you can dig your way out of the snow to finish up Christmas stuff :)