Friday, April 14, 2006

Suffering and Blessings

Good Friday... so far has been a good mix of suffering and blessings.

Blessings:
*Being here with family to celebrate Easter as well as Grandpa R's retirement and birthday. Spending time with Elena, Jared, and the boys.
*Having the opportunity to go on the Pilgrimage to Chimayo

Sufferings:
*11 long hot hard miles to Chimayo. Was able to carry the cross for about 1/4-1/2 miles total. The traffic and the crowds just grate on my nerves - I'd rather follow an 11-mile path of my own than walk along the busy road with thousands of others also walking and many, many cars driving (biggest turn-out in 5 years according to the news). Of course suffering is the name of the game today as we remember Jesus' sacrifice. Once we got to the church, we did not go inside because it was so crowded and the line to get in was too long. Perhaps we can go out in July when we come back this way. After walking all that way, I'd love to spend a few minutes inside. Without the throngs of people will be better. I have to say I was a bit turned off by the people selling icee's and cotton candy.
*Felisa is sick. Now it has settled in her chest, whatever IT is. So now I have a feverish, coughing, whiny baby on my hands. Ryan, however, does seem to be doing better today. Hopefully he won't have any other relapses.

Ron was interviewed by one of the local news channels while he was carrying the cross. I think he was chosen because our group had the largest cross! And of course he is good-looking as well - perfect for the 5:00 news! He made it on with a 2 second clip.

And now Felisa's crying can no longer be ignored so I'm off...

No comments: