Saturday, April 01, 2006

Next Year Will Be Different...

Every year at tax time (and Christmas!) I say that. Every year. Which means that it never really is different. At least not different enough to be noticeable.

I have been working on my taxes this morning. Phase 2. I did phase 1 a month or so ago then stalled over a missing notebook. Under threat from Ron I'm back to work.

Though I have gotten better about writing everything down, I need to do better. Very hard to reconstruct what happened in all of 2005 when I can't even remember what happened last week!

I have decided that I can make the most money overall with my scrapping for others business. There is more money per project. Of course there is a lot more time per project as well which must be factored in. I currently have one big album due in about 6 weeks and haven't progressed past photo sorting.

I can make money with Leaving Prints (though I didn't again this year) but again it takes time. There is that saying that it takes money to make money. Which is true. Equally true I have found that it takes time to make money!

There is a Leaving Prints training seminar in Philly in June. I want to go but it is midweek and the same week as my cursillo retreat which means I would be gone for a whole week. Definite child care issues there. One advantage to going to the LP seminar would be the LPU program. It is a series of classes that you can only teach if you have been trained at a seminar. So there aren't many, especially in the east. Which would increase my marketability. If I give the time it would take to teach the classes. I chose LP because there are so few consultants in my area. So I have a more unique product than say, the thousands of CM consultants out there. Just have to give it the TIME necessary to make anything happen.

I remember how I felt after the Sue DiFranco seminar - you can make LOTS of money if you target the higher income, dual career, no time to scrap it yourself people. But that felt exclusive to me. I think that everyone deserves a scrapbook - not just the richest people. Also I am in a yahoo group called scrap from your stash. Which is something else I would love to focus on. Not just the only-from-your-stash point of view but rather from the Let-me-help-you-get-it-done point of view, whatever that means, whether it by my scrapping services, my products, classes, crops, challenges (with prizes).

So that's today's reflection of my scrapbook job and where I am/where I'd like to go. Now I'd better get back to my taxes or else I'll be in big trouble!

No comments: