Thursday, March 30, 2006

Nobody in town likes pickles

Okay - I really have no idea what that means but I'm always searching for clever titles and that seemed like a good one. As usual, it was an unsolicited random comment from Bella. I really have no idea where she gets some of the things she says.

We just got home from Felisa's 2 year check up. Officially completely healthy. Always good to know. I thought Bella was completely healthy too but the doctor discovered her ASD at her 2 year check up. And now she is officially completely healthy as well. Bella was NOT happy about the shots that Felisa got (neither was Felisa, of course!) so I won't tell her now that she has to get shots before Kindergarten.

So I had a revelation earlier. At group on Monday I told C and S that I have been reading The Purpose Driven Life and that the last couple of chapters had seemed to me as though God was a puppeteer and we are all just his puppets. Which I know isn't true but I couldn't help feeling that way about what I was reading. Today I was thinking about my own kids. Why did I have kids? I'm really not sure exactly but the main reason is to love them. God is our father and he created us to love us, just as Ron and I created our 3 to love them. It's amazing to me sometimes how I can "get it" so much easier if I put it into terms of myself as a parent first then substitute God as the parent then next thing I know - Aha! Light bulb moments. So now maybe I'll go back and read those chapters with this new perspective and see if I can get a little more out of it.

And on that note, I need to tear the girls away from Dora so we can go get Ryan from school.

2 comments:

mapiprincesa! said...

I am glad the book is doing more for you than it did for me. Wasn't all really my thing. Good for you!

Smyling said...

Man - you just rock. I often "get" things in my heart of hearts - but cannot verbalize them to someone else. You have a gift for giving simple words to complicated things.