Wednesday, March 15, 2006

By the Grace of God and Angels

S and her family were in a serious car accident last Saturday afternoon. From all accounts, it is amazing, even miraculous, that they escaped with as little injury as they did. Fortunately, the friend they were going to visit was only a 3-4 hour drive away and he was able to go to N to help take care of them all. Meanwhile, the rest of us back home just prayed for their recovery. It was so hard to not be able to DO anything to help them. Now they are back home. Or so I have heard through the grapevine. So now I just have to exercise patience. I want to call and find out in person that they are here, to say Welcome Back, to find out what we can do now to help the recovery/healing efforts. But I don't want to disturb the much-needed rest time. I at least heard from another friend that they are indeed back, so I no longer have to wonder and worry. Of course, we heard about the accident almost right away on Saturday, so no news is good news, right? I just kept telling myself that last night and this morning. Heck, I even took the phone to the shower with me so I wouldn't miss her "We're back" call! S must have taken the good, STRONG meds finally and forgot all about the rest of the world while she got some well-deserved rest. :)

And so life goes on...

No comments: