Friday, March 10, 2006

Sleeping 5 across

Buying a king size bed when we first moved here almost 6 years ago (wow - has it really been that long? I think that is a lifetime record for living in one place) was one of the best investments ever. Last night we were once again sleeping 5 across. I think 5 might really be the max capacity however because that leaves me hanging on the edge. And then there is the 5 a.m. neck assault compliments of Felisa. For some reason she has adopted my neck as her security blanket. Every night when she is ready to fall asleep, she curls up next to me and raises one hand to rest against my neck. I have no idea where this came from but she will struggle to fall asleep any other way. Once she's asleep, I can take it off and scoot her over to her own pillow. But about 5 a.m. every morning she starts again. Making strange sucking noises with her mouth (I think this may be the beginnings of another tooth grinder) and caressing my neck. Which makes it very hard for me to sleep. I try to convince her that touching my hand is just as good - skin to skin contact - but she doesn't always go for it. Also makes it hard to sneak out of bed at 5:30 for class when she is actively grabbing my neck. Awake enough to know if I leave but yet still asleep.

Who knows why they do the things they do?!?

No comments: