Thursday, March 23, 2006

Another day wasted

Here it is, 3:30 on a Thursday. Last night before bed, as I surveyed the disaster otherwise known as my house, I thought - Okay. I have an entire day tomorrow without any plans. I will be able to clean this place up and make good progress on a few projects.

While the day is not over yet, I feel that I was overly optimistic last night. I feel as though I have done nothing today although if I review (brief pause while I investigate Ryan's report of a baby with no diaper and a bad smell... turns out to be a baby who shed her wet underwear in the hallway. When I asked her to take the wet undies to the diaper bucket she said "sgussing" That's Felisa-speak for disgusting. Makes me laugh everytime she says it!). Okay, back to the review of my day. I did the dishes. Washed 2 loads of laundry, dried one load, and folded and put away 3 loads. Got Ryan to the bus stop on time. Figured out what to make for dinner. Started my food journal again in hopes of actually losing weight sometime in the next months before I completely lose all hope (for those who don't know - when my eardrum ruptured 2 years ago I ended up with thrush. The nice side effect of all that was a weight loss of 40 lbs. I have since gained 20 lbs back. I started my exercise class in September (6 months ago) and have not gained or lost weight and my clothes still do not fit. I gave up sugar and Starbucks for lent (that's at least 500 calories a day right there). Still nothing. So I guess I need to look a little harder at how many calories are going in to my mouth. I hate counting calories - not something I've ever really done - but now I am. Counting calories and matching carbs/proteins in hopes of defeating the diabetes gene.) I skimmed through the South Beach Diet cookbook (nothing amazing there so back it goes to the library), and cleared out old emails from my inbox and caught up on downloading ecuts (scrapbook accents) for a grand total of over 1,000 emails down to just about 200. I decided what to offer as a door prize at Saturday's crop. I figured out which containers of LP supplies to bring.

So no amazing progress on any of the projects I had envisioned last night. But I guess not a complete waste of a day. I still have Ryan's swimming lessons this evening so that's another tally for the done column.

No comments: