Wednesday, November 29, 2006

5 Random Questions

1. If you know you're going to be spending a quiet day at home reading, watching tv, etc., do you change out of your PJs?

That depends... if I really have NOTHING to do, I would stay in my pj's but unfortunately that never happens anymore now that I am a mother. I find that I can be much more productive dressed in clothes than hanging around in PJs. Growing up, though, we always stayed in our PJs ALL DAY LONG on Christmas Day. A tradition I loved and tried to hold on to for as long as possible. But, as luck would have it, my life now is different than my life then and not getting dressed on Christmas day is no longer an option. I do wait until after all the gifts have been opened though before I get dressed. And recently there have been a few lazy weekend days when Ryan never got dressed. A kid after my own heart... The girls ALWAYS get dressed. Felisa does it immediately upon waking some days.

2. What do you do to pass the time on a long car trip?


Before kids? Listen to audiobooks, talk, sleep, read...
After kids? Listen to kids' music and stories, crochet (if I'm not driving - I'm usually months behind on a baby blanket and this is something that passes the time nicely). I used to be able to read in the car but now it gives me a headache.

3. If you had to date one of the seven dwarves, who would you choose and why? (Your options are Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, and Sneezy).

Doc. Friendly, intelligent, nice. Not too happy. Not too sad. Of course there is some merit to a few of the other options... Sneezy (he could totally relate to me on those mornings that I just can't stop sneezing), Sleepy (he wouldn't mind that I was also sleeping my life away), Happy (well, because he's happy).

4. What one thing would you recommend that everyone try at least once in their life?

Build something. I love the sense of accomplishment I get when I open a box, follow the instructions, and end up with something that I MADE.

5. If you were hosting a dinner party and were able to have one writer, one musician and one actor of your choice as guests, who would be at your table, and what would you feed them?

Writer-Laura Ingalls Wilder (I always wanted to be her. And I look just like Melissa Gilbert!)
Musician- John Denver or The Carpenters (I can just sing, sing, sing along to their songs)
Actor- John Travolta (He's cute. And maybe he'll teach me to dance while the music is playing)

I would probably make some random new recipe that I'd never tried before, operating under the assumption that of course it will be delicious and turn out fabulously. Which it usually does. I almost always use Taste of Home or Quick Cooking magazine recipes when I do this so I am confident in the quality of the recipe.


1 comment:

mapiprincesa! said...

weeeeeelllllll...we COULD make Christmas Dinner at Sheila's house a pajama party day...we've all seen each other in each other's jammies, anyway, right??? The kids would get a kick out of it and say that we're just like Mrs. Pant!!!