Monday, March 12, 2007

A Comforting Constellation

As I was taking out the trash tonight, a quick glance up into the night sky found Orion. I remember seeing this same constellation (though at a slightly different angle) at my parents' house in Colorado. Walking from the house out to the dog run, it seemed to always be right there, waiting for me. And now, seeing the same constellation in the sky, waiting for me each and every time, brings a bit of comfort to me, a faint sense of home and happiness here in this place far from home. This place that is now my new home is in a way connected to the past. It's like a little hug from the stars. Why, I don't know. It just is. And so I will acknowledge it and enjoy it for all it's worth, each and every time Orion greets me from above.

No comments: