Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It's Just Hair... It Will Grow Back...

or in other words... Wow! That's short!

I went to the salon this morning, compliments of my neighbor. The hairdresser recommended cutting it short. It will look good, she says. It will make you look younger, she promises. I, being incapable of saying no, discussed it for a minute but ultimately caved in. After all, as I tell the kids all the time, it's just hair. It will grow back.

An hour and a half later I'm looking at a pile of hair on the floor and a girl with very short hair in the mirror. What have I done?!?!?

Do I look younger? Not that I can tell. Do I hate it? No, but I'm not sure if I love it. I don't think my hair has been this short since my mom took me out back with scissors and a garbage bag during the Lice Scare of 5th Grade and cut it all off. Not even when I cut it "short" upon graduation and commissioning. What I miss already are the options. I can no longer wear it up or wear it down or curl it. It is what it is.

I have no other opinions yet so I've got my fingers crossed that every one will love it and think I look 10 years younger.

And if not, that's okay. It's just hair. It will grow back. I hope.

1 comment:

Mama Llama said...

I think it looks AWESOME....personally...