Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Writing of the Valentines

An annual event, sort of like The Running of the Bulls.

3 kids... 3 different Valentine personalities.

Ryan - The oldest and the easiest. He enjoys schoolwork type activities and is a proficient writer. His list is the longest with 27 names.

Bella - The middle child and acts the same. Her writing has improved but is still very slow. She finishes last with 19 names. After her initial complaints about how hard it is, she settles in and works very diligently. No shortcuts this year. She has to write her name AND the recipient's name AND address the envelope.

Felisa - The fastest and the funniest. Her speed is the result of the shortest list (14 names) and lots of help from me. I wrote the cards and envelopes. She drew a picture for each one. Here's the conversation we had for each and every Valentine we did.

Me: Let's do one for (fill-in-the-blank).
Felisa: I have a (fill-in-the-blank) in my class.
Me: I know. This is for the (fill-in-the-blank) in your
class.
Felisa: Oh.
Me: Okay, now draw a picture for (fill-in-the-blank).
Felisa: Okay. I'm going to draw (fill-in-the-blank) and me.



For every. single. one. You would think that she would eventually catch on that these were for her classmates! The good news is that her stick figures are recognizable as such and not just random scribbles. So I did the hard part and she contributed/participated. Next year she'll have to sign her own name!

No comments: