Monday, November 12, 2007

Jangled

I'm not sure what it is but the last few days I have been feeling very jangled. Over-stimulated in excess. I have come to recognize over that past year or so that I don't respond well to repetitive stimulus that I cannot control. Also multiple concurrent stimuli.

Also this morning, I am supposed to be working. I have a project for a client to have done in about a week. And a beginner's class to teach tonight. But I just can't think or work when other people are in the house. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the multiple concurrent stimuli of trying to think and focus while other things are going on around me. I even prefer not to do mindless chores like folding laundry when others are around. I have no idea why.

So, if anyone has a cure, please let me know. At least consider yourself warned that Grumpy Mommy has been hanging around lately. Approach at your own risk.

1 comment:

Mama Llama said...

Ugh.

Ouch.

Yikes.

I have a home, free of external stimuli, and a classroom I can reserve for your exclusive use on Saturday afternoon and evening. I'll just be elsewhere cleaning. No one else will be home. I can at least offer you that.

I did come down with a cold. That was it. I didn't feel it earlier like I did now. I haven't had a cold in MONTHS. But I succeeded in being productive and finished printing six copies of text and workbook, chapters 4-6 and composed a handy-dandy index as well. So all your lack of progress fed directly into my sneeze-accompanied progress.

Sorry.

Hasta maƱana, or would you rather he not be there? It's up to you..how can you best get something accomplished? Please let me know and be honest...he's totally cool here by himself, too.