Thursday, November 08, 2007

Hammer Time

20 Boys... 20 Hammers... Hundreds of nails... One hour... 20 birdhouses... A Miracle!

We had Cub Scouts tonight. A joint meeting of the Wolves so we had about 20 boys present. The project of the evening was to build a birdhouse. The leaders of the other den precut and drilled the wood so all the boys had to do was hammer in the nails. As an assistant leader I was making the rounds, helping out where I can. Several times I offered to hold the wood steady while the boys hammered in the nails. Talk about taking the life of your fingers and thumbs in your hand (okay that doesn't sound right but you know what I mean!)! But the boys all did great and no one hammered my thumb! My ears are still ringing from all the hammering but that's another story!

No comments: