Monday, April 23, 2012

Week in the Life - Day 1

Monday, April 23, 2012

0550 Ron leaves for work, waking me up on his way out.  Since we gave away all our alarm clocks but one before we moved, first one up has to wake up the second one.

0620 After dozing a bit longer, I am up.  It is wet outside this morning.  Unexpected.  Downstairs I am very happy to see coffee that is already brewed.  Yay!  That is one of the downsides to Ron being gone- no coffee when I get up.  I have to make it myself.  Now that I have my coffee, I go back upstairs and crawl back into bed for some internet time.

0727 Finally, Young House Love has their new blog post up.  I was about to give up seeing it this morning.  I don't know why I love this blog so much.  Actually, I do know.  I just really enjoy the writing style.  Am I currently renovating or decorating a house (their subject area)?  No.  But I just love to read all about it anyway.  I have found that is one of the key factors to my long-term blog favorites.  Writing style.  It also has to be a subject matter that I am at least a little interested in but if I don't enjoy reading it, if it is too hard to read, doesn't flow well then forget it.

0733 Time to get up.  For real this time.  Felisa comes upstairs looking sad, complaining of a sore throat and headache.  I give her a drink of my water and tell her to get ready for school.  She should perk up a bit once she gets moving.

0750 Moving pretty slowly today.  Heading downstairs to make lunches and get this show on the road.  Bella is practicing her piano, Felisa is still getting ready, and Ryan is dressed and ready, on the computer as always.

0810 Leaving for school, a few minutes later than I wanted.  Felisa wants to listen to her talent show dance music in the car.

0816 I just realized that I forgot to put my hair up in a ponytail.  Dang it!  I hate working out with my hair down.  Maybe I can find a spare hairband hiding in my purse.

0820 As we pull into the school parking lot, Ryan realizes he forgot to put on his belt.  Oops!  Good thing he has his sweatshirt.  He can zip up and hide the error.  Apparently Sister Margaret said it's okay to do that.

0827 Should I go to the park or to the bandstand?  It's not really raining hard - just misting - so I'm going to guess park for bootcamp today.

0835 No changes on the bootcamp blog.  Must be park.  Current weather - 51 degrees and misty.  The heatwave of sunny and nearly 80 last week is over.  Brr!  It will be a damp, chilly workout today.

0850 Call from Trevor's mom about camporee this weekend - schedule and food shopping

0915 Time to work out!  At least the mist has gone away now.

1030 Home.  Today was not a good workout day.  It was one of those days where I felt like every single thing Nancy was asking me to do was beyond ridiculously impossible.  I couldn't do it and it wasn't even worth trying because I never would be able to do it.  Was showing up better than doing nothing?  Probably.  But barely.

1045 Finally look at the school picture envelopes the kids brought home.  So-so pictures.  I like the beach theme ones - too bad they didn't offer those originally.  Price times 3 kids though will add up in a hurry.  Guess I'll defer the decision awhile longer.  Work on a menu plan and grocery list while I eat my breakfast (leftovers from breakfast at CJs Cafe yesterday).

1100 Shower time!

1200 My checking email then shower break is over.  Start a load of laundry.

12:03 p.m. Headed to Vons

12:11 p.m.  And another crazy speeding driver flies by.  Slow down people!  What is the rush?!

12:18 p.m. Arrive at Vons.

1:12 p.m. Grocery shopping complete and Starbucks in hand.

1:17 p.m. Decide to stop at Jack in the Box for a 2 tacos snack.

1:32 p.m. Back home.  Unload the groceries.  Move the wet laundry to the dryer.

1:53 p.m. Done with the groceries job... What next?  I've got so many things to do that I don't know where to start.  I can't decide so opt for doing nothing instead.  Surf the net...

2:13 p.m. Hear voices outside (very unusual in this awesome quiet hideaway house!) so look out to see what's going on.  Janice and Bud (owners of the house) are here looking for stuff in the garage.  Now that I'm up, might as well go ahead and get the loaf of bread started in the bread machine.

2:33 p.m.  All the ingredients are in and the bread machine is started!

2:34 p.m.  Check my Project Life book to see where I left off.  The last day completed was March 24.  Yikes!  I'm a month behind!

2:42 p.m. Get ready to go to school.  Gather Bella's Girl Scout stuff and fill a water bottle for Ryan.

3:00 p.m. At school.  Barely on time for dismissal and too late for a parking spot in the lot.  Park on the street and walk in.  Give Ryan his water.  Felisa comes over to tell me the new location for talent show dance practice.  Deliver Bella's bag to her.  Go to the office to drop off a check for lunch money.

3:19 p.m. Back in the car to wait... move into a parking spot in the lot where I can see Felisa's group practicing.  Work on choosing Project Life pictures while I'm waiting.

3:40 p.m. Felisa seems to be done with practice a bit early.  When we get back to the car to wait for Ryan and Bella, Felisa tells me that she left her lunchbox in the car today.  Oops! 

4:10 p.m. Felisa is bored of waiting so we head down to the playground to wait there.

4:35 p.m. Track practice and the Girl Scout meeting are over.  Going home.

4:43 p.m. Felisa wants to race the car up the street to the mailbox.  A neighbor out walking sees us and is laughing.  Felisa won.  This time.  Next time I won't be so easy on her!

4:45 p.m. Homework time.

5:19 p.m. Ron called.  He is on the way home.  Guess I'd better get dinner started!

7:15 p.m. Dinner is over.  Dishes are done (it was Felisa's turn - she wants to know how she always gets stuck with taco night dish duty).  Birds are fed.  Heading upstairs for pj's and my bed!

Surf the 'net (again!) then work on my Big Trip 6 scrapbook while Ron is reading (he's reading Catching Fire- my turn is next!). 

Girls come up to say good night around 8:30.  Ron is asleep soon after.  I watch Two and a Half Men and Dancing With the Stars (I missed Melissa Gilbert's dance-darn!) then I am headed for sleep too at about 10 p.m.

No comments: