Sunday, April 29, 2012

Week in the Life - Day 7

Sunday, April 29, 2012

0645 Wake up.  It’s the last day of Week in the Life – yay!  Coffee and computer.  Unlike most Sunday mornings, we are actually not watching HGTV this morning.

0745 Tell the girls to make themselves lunch and get ready for the horse show.  Ron wants to go to 9:00 mass so I have to get ready too.

0845 Leave for the stables.

0905 Arrive at mass – only a few minutes late and not nearly as late as I thought we might be.

1010 Whew – that was a long mass.  Father was on a soapbox today.  “Going to mass every week is the most important thing a Christian can do.”  Guess it’s a good thing we didn’t decide to skip today.

1030 Bagels and Starbucks while we wait for the boy scouts to get back from the campout.

1050 Pick up Ryan, Trevor and Tyler.  They were waiting for us actually since they got back to Subway early.  Oh well.  Take Trevor and Tyler to their grandma’s house (she lives on the mesa near the buffalo!) then go home.  Stealth Patrol won 4 ribbons this weekend – 2 first place and 2 third place.  Yay!  Ryan also said they had plenty of food.  Whew.  I was a little worried.  We bought everything on the list but it just didn’t look like enough.  Thankfully I was wrong!

1130 Home.  More cleaning for the party.  Ron is hanging pictures to make it look like someone actually lives here while I clean the fountain.

1:30 p.m. Ron leaves to take the cardboard (moving boxes!) to be recycled then pick up the girls from horses.

2:00 p.m. Ron called.  Do I want him to go to the grocery store on his way home?  Yes!  Then I can continue with my bathroom cleaning.  Whew!

4:00 p.m. Finishing up the last food prep, just in the knick of time.

4:15 p.m. First guest arrives.  In total we had 7 people and 2 dogs come.  The dogs kept climbing in the fountain which totally reminded me of Josh and Alex and the kiddie pool they had to “swim” in.  The evening was lots of fun – our first official party here in California.

After the party, it’s time to do the dishes and clean up a bit then go to bed.  My legs and back are killing me from so much time walking and standing on the hard floors, even with my shoes on.

No comments: