Friday, April 27, 2012

Week in the Life - Day 5


Friday, April 27, 2012



1215 Can’t breathe!  Wake up to use my inhaler.

0615 Wake up.  More crazy dreams last night.  Where does my brain come up with this stuff?!?  Go downstairs to get coffee

0625 Ron has lots of questions for me this morning.  He is filling out his financial paperwork for his 2-year review at work.

0715 Young House Love has posted early today.  Yay!

0730 Not that it mattered any – still running late!  Too bad I didn’t rally myself early enough to get a shower before I take the kids to school.  I decide to put on my workout clothes instead.  Maybe I’ll walk or something this morning.

0750 Downstairs.  Making lunches.

0805 Time to go!

0811 Passing the bus stop early today – the kids are still out there, waiting.

0815 Drop off kids.

0820 McD’s for breakfast

0830 Decide to just go to bootcamp.  I’m already dressed for it and it’s a better workout than I’ll do on my own and I have plenty of time to get there.

0845 At the park.  Read my book while I’m waiting.

0910 Time to get moving!

0945 Regretting my decision to come to bootcamp.  I should’ve gone for a walk.  It would’ve been so much easier!

1019 Survived bootcamp.  Heading back home.  Once there I sit out on the patio to finish my breakfast and read a couple more chapters of my book.

1045 Okay… time to get up and get something done.  Maybe I should work in my office today.  I haven’t  been in there to work on anything since we got home from Spring Break.

1055 Cleaning off my desk is not taking as long as I thought it would.  Hmm.  Maybe I should read some more with all my extra time!

1115 Must. Stop. Reading!  Decide that a shower should be next on my agenda.  But first I feed the birds and try to brush the grass clippings (they were mowing at the park today!) off my knees.  Good thing these are black pants!

1140 Ah – much better.  Check email and Facebook while I comb my hair.

1156 Hmm… what should I wear today?  Check the weather – 66 degrees and sunny.  Not too bad.

12:00 p.m. Getting hungry!

12:04 p.m. Email from the school – the Shamrock Thrift Store needs donations.  How timely.  I was just thinking earlier that I need to clear out the donation box before everyone comes next week.

12:05 p.m. Go downstairs.  Warm up chili and a baked potato from last night.  Decide to have a salad as well (salad for me anyway which is just lettuce and dressing!).  Read a bit while I’m waiting for the food to warm up then pack up the food for the campout.

12:54 p.m.  Lunch is ready.  Read again while eating.

1:15 p.m. Time check… I have about an hour before I pick up the kids.  What should I do?  Flat Stanley’s home work or Project Life?  I know if Felisa were here she would want me to work on Stanley.

2:00 p.m. Computer freezes up so I decide to just go ahead and head into town now.  I stop at Subway, Jamba Juice, and Starbucks.

2:40 p.m. Arrive at school.  Read my book while I’m waiting for dismissal.  Joy calls with questions about Camporee.

3:00 p.m. School’s out.  Let’s get going!

We go home to change clothes then load the food and Ryan’s gear into the car.

3:30 p.m. Time to go!

3:45 p.m. Arrive at Subway in Pismo – our troop rendezvous point.  As usual there is lots of last minute stuff – paperwork, questions, etc.  Ugh.  I wish this group could get their act together.

4:20 p.m. Leave Subway.  Time to take the girls to the stables for riding lessons.

6:10 p.m. Home from horses.  Bella and Felisa bring in the trash cans and the mail.

Ron comes home from work.

6:50 p.m. We’re at Ventana Grill for dinner but the wait is more than an hour.  Bummer.  We get drinks at the very crowded bar while we wait.

8:45 p.m. Felisa calls.  She wants to know when we are coming home.  I told her we will be on the way soon.

9:05 p.m. Home.  Girls are in bed (Felisa is waiting in our bed upstairs).

Bedtime!

No comments: