Thursday, June 01, 2006

I'm a blob

Keep on going, and the chances are that you
will stumble on something, perhaps when you
are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone
ever stumbling on something sitting down.

~~~Charles F. Kettering


Was just thinking maybe I should blog. But about what? About how I feel like such a blob lately? Blob in many different ways. The most obvious being that I have gained weight again in the last month or two and am feeling bad about it and yet can't seem to find the energy to do anything about it. I have been going to class in the mornings but the food is killing me. Literally and figuratively.

Blob as in a melted blob of human. It is sooooooooooo *$&%*%(^ hot and humid here I feel as though each time I step outside I melt into a blob upon the sidewalk. Too hot to function.

Blob as in unable to muster the desire to do anything beyond shower and eat. And shop. But only if someone else is paying. Nothing even remotely productive has been accomplished this week nor does it seem likely that anything will be accomplished any time soon.

So the quote above seems appropriate. I just have to keep plugging away in hopes that eventually things will change and I will no longer be a blob. In any sense of the word.

Does eating cookies and watching TV count as "plugging away"?!?

No comments: