Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Life Sucks and then you die...

How's that for a fine how-do-you-do?!? Yesterday and today have been cloudy, cool, and rainy and my mood has fluctuated between pretty happy and not-so-happy. Not a bad day overall but one of those not quite right days. The days when things are going fairly smoothly with occasional hiccups like stubbing my toe, spilling bleach water all over the kitchen floor, and having my foot peed on by a 2-year-old. Maybe things will get better when the sun comes out on Friday. If I live that long...

So my parents are getting a divorce. Okay. Not the best news in the world but I can deal with it. Some kids get caught in he-said, she-said quandries when their parents divorce. I am in the no-one-says-a-*$%&*-thing quandry. Why? Oh the reasons are many... My dad is apparently the guilty party so probably doesn't really want to talk about it. My mom doesn't want to "burden me" and she is working very hard to shelter me from the truth, whatever that may be. So meanwhile I get lots of half-sentence phone calls that leave me saying, "Huh?!?" I may be their kid but I am not A Kid. Just spill the beans already so I can figure out exactly what it is I am supposed to be doing and if there is anything I could do to help anyone.

But no. I'm just a kid. So I'll sit here 2000 miles away from the situation and wonder. Probably worry a little. And definitely say, "Huh?" at least a hundred more times.

Life sucks and then you die.

No comments: