Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Santa Supports Reading

Ryan had a Cub Scout Pack Meeting last night. We considered not going, since he has developed a bit of a cough, and since we both like Den meetings better but ultimately decided to go. Our reward for sitting quietly through the extended Adult Award (Wood Chip?) presentation was a visit from Santa Claus! The Tigers got to go first and Ryan just happened to be at the front of the line. I must say that he handled the crowd well... Because he was first, EVERYONE in the room was watching and listening to his conversation with Santa.

What's that you say? You weren't there? You want to know what they said to each other? Well, here you go...

Santa: Merry Christmas! Have you been good this year?
Ryan: Yes.
Santa: Is your room clean?
Ryan: Yes. Well, except for the bed.
Santa: Oh. Is that where you pile everything when Mom tells you to clean up?
Ryan: No that's where I put my books that I'm going to read before bed.
Santa: Oh well as long as it's books, then it's okay.

How cute was that? Don't you just love the honesty of kids? If it were me, I would have told him that yes my room was clean (even though it NEVER is!) because I know that's what he wants me to tell him. And if my room were clean except for books on the bed, I still would have just said yes, it's clean.

Maybe they should get Santa to do a PSA about reading...

No comments: