Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Rats and Cousins

Big Trip 2... Day 20... July 18, 2007... Wednesday

0730 Wake up. Drink coffee with Grandpa R. We had a nice conversation about butchering chickens and alternative energy. (He's on my side and doesn't think I'm a crazy green freak like Ron does so there.) He also said he wants us to build a casita (guest house) so he can come stay with us when we move west.

0915 Grandpa goes to his meeting

12:00 p.m. Grandpa is home. Everyone eats leftover pizza then I drop Ryan, Bella, and Grandpa off to see Ratatouille and take Felisa shopping. We bought goggles, sunscreen, and tweezers at Target. I went to the Starbucks Drive-Thru because I can. We stopped at Hastings and bought some used movies then went to the thrift shop next door. I was looking for board games but they didn't have any. Felisa decided she wanted another dog so we also had to get one for Bella. Felisa said she missed Bella which further confirms my suspicion that she will be lonely this fall when Ryan and Bella are in school all day every day.

2:30 p.m. Movie is over. Pick everyone up and head home. It's hot again today and I'm feeling it more since I have been in and out of the car a few times this afternoon.

3:00 p.m. Elena and the boys come over. There is much rejoicing! All the kids are playing nicely since they haven't seen each other in over a week. Seth is still a little sick so he stays in "isolation" with the grown-ups. Felisa and Philip managed to get into the water and get all wet. Those two are Double Trouble, especially when there is water nearby!

8:30 p.m. Everyone is full of ice cream so the cousins go home for bed and I get my kids all settled into pajamas and in front of their new movie, Flushed Away.

I have no idea how late I was up watching TV... shouldn't have had that Starbucks yesterday afternoon... but oh well. That's what vacation is for, right?

2 comments:

GrammawD said...

Move West? Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

mapiprincesa! said...

Yeah, I ditto GrammaWD on that one...although I miss it as well, I'm pretty much stuck out East...