Saturday, July 14, 2007

There be a growth upon thy chest, madam!

Best thee see the apothecary, inside to the left...

Big Trip 2... Day 16... July, 14, 2007... Saturday

0730 Saturday morning sleep in... glory be!

0830 Breakfast

Spent the morning playing cards and dice, watching Psych on tv (missed the new episode last night since we were at the rodeo!), and watching the girls play clubhouse in the closet.

1100 Grandpa F called... his phone had been accidentally silenced so he hadn't gotten my earlier calls until just now. He finally got tired of waiting for me to call and picked up his phone to call me to find out what exactly is the plan for today and lo and behold, there were two messages from me, telling him the plan and then wondering where he was and why hadn't he called yet. So there you have it, a morning spent, each of us waiting for the other...

1150 All loaded up and headed for the Renaissance Festival in Larkspur. I haven't been in years.

12:10 p.m. See a fireman at the post office, mailing letters. Bella says: "probably to his fireman cousins".

We had a hot, dusty, expensive but fun time at the festival. I was carrying Felisa as we were walking in to "Larkspurshire" and there were people standing overhead on the balcony greeting everyone. One of the guys told me I had "a growth upon my chest, madam" and I should head directly to the apothecary to have it treated. Heh heh. Pretty funny.

Our favorite parts of the Renaissance Festival...
Felisa: having a unicorn painted on her arm
Bella: the butterfly ride
Ryan: the dungeon museum (when he came out he was telling me about what he had seen and said there was some "pretty rough stuff in there") and the archery (he killed the turkey and hit a few of the farther targets)
Ron: the turkey leg
Grandpa F: jousting show
Sheila: costumes

Ron rode his bike home from Palmer Lake.

6:15 p.m. Meet Grandpa F for dinner at Pueblo Viejo. Yummy yummy mexican food!

8:00 p.m. Back in the room. Time to start packing again.

9:00 p.m. Bed time.

10:00 p.m. Ryan won't go to sleep. Why is this kid never tired?!?

No comments: