Saturday, December 01, 2007

Mice Like Peanut Butter

About an hour ago, that was a bad thing. Not anymore.

The past two nights I have been avoiding my kitchen duties and leaving clean-up for the morning. Which means I haven't been setting the mousetrap. This morning I decided to just go ahead and set the trap, figuring the mice would find it tonight when they wakeup and start foraging through my garbage.

I was wrong. The peanut butter smell was so great that it woke one up early. I was sitting here at the computer when I heard a snap. Eeewww! I don't want to hear it! It's bad enough that I have to deal with the dead, stiff mouse. I don't want to be present for the actual dirty deed. So, needless to say I felt really bad. I even had to leave the room for awhile because I just couldn't deal.

Fast forward to now. Ryan wants lunch. No bread left in the kitchen so I head out to the pantry room to get another loaf. I pull out a partially chewed loaf of bread from the basket. Argh! That, Ryan, is what I'm talking about when I say the mice will start eating our food. Time to kill another one.

So now I don't feel so bad anymore about the one that died an hour ago. I'm not happy about him choosing to do it while I'm in the room but at least there's one less mouse eating my food now.

No comments: