Saturday, December 29, 2007

My Heart Is Sick

Bailey (the dog) is sick. I gave her a rawhide on Christmas. She threw up all that afternoon and through the night. Took her to the vet. He gave her a shot and told me to call back the next day to let him know how she was doing. By the next day she wasn't walking very well and wouldn't get up on her own. I took her back in and she was admitted to the "doggy hospital". By yesterday morning she was doing better and the doctor had a diagnosis of pancreatitis. One more day on IV fluids and we brought her home this morning. Initially she seemed to be doing much better but now as the evening has progressed she seems to be in pain again.

Though there is no love lost some days with Psycho Dog, it still makes me sad to see her sick.

Related to this, Grandma D and I had a miscommunication which has upset her and in turn upsets me. Puts a churning in the pit of my stomach when this happens. If only I could be the better person that people expect me to be.

No comments: