Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Curse of the Sheets

So once again, the Curse of the Sheets has struck.

Everytime I change the sheets (which really isn't all that often and as you will soon see, there's good reasons to be afraid to do it any more often than I do) something happens. Usually it's a middle-of-the-night accident. Occasionally it's something spilled. And when I'm really lucky, it's vomit. All over the clean sheets. Which means I have to change them and wash them all over again. Most of the time it happens within 24 hours. Sometimes it takes as long as 48 hours. And it happens every. single. time. I wish I were kidding but alas I am not.

So I changed the sheets on Monday morning while the kids were at school (on another note, as usual, I vastly underestimated the amount of time it would take to put the house back in order after a few weeks of neglect). I also cleaned out the linen closet which has been on my to do list for at least a year. Good thing I got that done because that's the only thing I will have gotten done this entire week I'm sure. Plus it makes finding replacement sheets in a hurry that much easier!

Tuesday morning Felisa woke up with a fever. She wanted pizza for lunch Wed. and managed to get bits of pizza sauce on my clean white sheets (I know - she shouldn't have been eating on the bed so that one is my fault). I have met the Curse of the Sheets and I have emerged barely scathed.

But no... The Curse wasn't about to let me off that easily. The school nurse called at about 2:20 on Wednesday afternoon - Bella was in the clinic with a headache and a 102 fever. I went to pick her up (and pulled Ryan early because there was no way in heck I was going back 3o minutes later to pick him up) and brought her home. She climbed into bed. I brought her motrin and water. I went to make sure Felisa (who is still sick too) was settled. By the time I got back, Bella had managed to throw up all over herself and the bed. The bed with the Clean Sheets. Darn you, Curse!!!

And so I am sure you understand why I don't like to change the sheets too often... That Curse is a tough one!

*****

In other news...

I have been working on my digital scrapbook for 2007. I have decided that not only am I disorganized in real life but I am also disorganized digitally. Oy. How many hours have I spent going from computer to computer trying to track down all the pictures that I took from Jan- March 2007?! This scrapbook is going to be awesome though when I'm done!

I hope.

No comments: