Sunday, June 01, 2008

Analyze this

A variation on a 911 dream this morning...

Ron and I were having some alone time when the kids came home from Grandma's house. Then he grabbed me and wouldn't let go for some reason. I finally pushed him away but bumped his leg which he said really hurt him. Then he asked me if I was ready for that night. Apparently his sister was in town for a wine-tasting event for one night only and we were supposed to go. He had told me about it before and asked me to get a babysitter but I had forgotten all about it. I then got upset because I was tired - we had been doing different activities all weekend long - and because just maybe I was a little more stressed out then I was admitting about the upcoming deployment. So then he went downstairs and I got myself together and was trying to figure out what I was going to do about a babysitter. Melissa was at prom so she couldn't do it. And the winetasting was a late night affair - it started at 10. I have no idea what I'm going to do. I go downstairs and there's a strange dog in the house. Ron said he volunteered to take care of him for a few days and take him to the vet. I was worried about Darby since he doesn't like other dogs, particulary big dogs, but then Darby came around the corner and didn't care. Next thing I know we are at the vet trying to get the dog checked in for his appointment. About 20 other dogs are also there trying to get checked in. While Ron is doing that I decide I should call Shani on my cell and see if the kids can spend the night while we're out at the winetasting. I keep trying to call but there is no dial tone. And then other people are on the line laughing about me trying to make a phone call but can't do it. I keep trying but never works so then I go to a pay phone and call. I get through but it is really noisy around me and I can barely hear. Then Ryan comes over in his footed pajamas and I tell him to go back and sit in the car or wait with his dad. I ask Shani but she doesn't want to babysit. We go round and round about all the possibilities - door open/unlocked, pick up the kids at night, leave kids until morning, call when we're done with the tasting to see what's best. I really don't think we ever resolved it. Next thing I know Ryan and I are walking around in pajamas while people are all around partying and laughing at us. Finally Ron is done with the dog so we leave. As we drive away we realize that we didn't pay for the scone that we got from the coffee shop.

And that's about all I can remember. Analysis anyone? What's that? I'm crazy? Yep, I'd say that's an accurate analysis!

The 911 part for those that don't know the theme (I did mention it in my neuroses post) is that I couldn't get the call to go through and then when I finally did, Shani wouldn't help me.

(Though the not helping me part would never happen in real life!)

2 comments:

Mama Llama said...

Um...damn straight that would never happen in Real Life. Dude...I'm going to have to hit my Dream Analysis Reference Books for this one!!

:)

zirelda said...

Oh geez. I hate when I have dreams like that.

So full of uncertainty and loose ends that you just can't tie up. Too much stuff beyond your control that is frustrating.

That's my take anyway.