Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday the 13th

Not so much in the traditional bad luck way... more in an "I'm so exhausted I can hardly stand it" kind of way. Today was the last day of school for Ryan and Bella (Felisa ended on Wednesday). The entire past month has been filled with end-of-year activities. The last two weeks in particular have been jam-packed. Even today we had the kindergarten picnic. On the last day of school.

Teacher gifts (because I always finish at the last minute!), class picnics, soccer parties, crazy storms (I was in lockdown at school with the kids for an hour last Wednesday!), and getting Ron (and the rest of us, me in particular) ready for deployment.

We're headed south to NC tomorrow morning. Father's Day weekend at the beach then farewell. A mini road trip on the way back to take my mind off of it.

As I mentioned in my crazy dream post a couple weeks ago, I think I am subconsciously more stressed out than I realize or that I will admit. The last two weeks have been so busy and physically exhausting. The mental stuff on top of it and well, I'm toast. If I can make it that far, I'm ready for my vacation to start. Just a 6 1/2 hour drive away...

Happy Friday the 13th everyone!

No comments: