Thursday, June 19, 2008

Back to the Interstate

Up again at 0730. Mike made waffles for breakfast then I worked on getting everything packed up and the car loaded. I lost track of my clean laundry and almost forgot the swimsuits. Lana said she needs to come live with us while Ron is gone to make sure I don’t lose any of the kids!

While the kids were watching tv there was a commercial for the SC Museum. Ryan said, “Hey – we don’t have a VA Musuem. We should call the governor!”

1051 – leave Lana’s house

1109 – stop at Starbucks Drive-thru. I wanted to go to Sonic but I was still full from breakfast.
1119 – North Carolina!!!

1136 – Big rock to the windshield. Yikes!

12:15 p.m. Decide to stop for a potty break before the kids fall asleep. Too much coffee this morning!

12:37 p.m. Bella finished reading her book that we bought Tuesday night – Kylie the Carnival Fairy. It was a special edition book so probably had about 100 pages. She has become quite the super reader this year. It’s not such a chore anymore to read so now she enjoys it.

1:22 p.m. Stop at Arby’s for lunch. I had hoped for a Sonic or a Jack in the Box but no such luck.

2:45 p.m. Somebody just got a speeding ticket. The cop was following him with his lights on for awhile. Maybe the driver was trying to outrun the cop to the state line? Looks like he ended up about 2 miles short.

2:46 p.m. Virginia!!!

3:43 p.m. Trying to think of ways to prevent myself from turning into a giant couch potato while Ron is gone. Maybe I should see if Mark wants to run a couple 5K’s together? If I have a deadline, it might keep me on track to train alone.

4:17 p.m. Arrive at Allie’s. Ryan and John are so excited to see each other.

The kids play happily for the rest of the evening, stopping only to devour Chinese food for dinner.

10:00 p.m. Finally getting every one headed to bed.

11:00 p.m. Tell Ryan and John to turn off the lights and GO TO SLEEP!!!

No comments: