Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Oh the craziness of our world

So I'm just sitting here watching the news... there is a story on about how we are driving less which has reduced the amount of money the state has collected in taxes. So now we don't have enough money to pay for road repairs and maintenance.

So... we should drive less because it's bad for the environment. But wait - don't stop! Keep driving because we need the tax money!

Some sort of proposed solution regarding tolls with congestion penalties (much higher prices during peak hours) which should discourage people from driving so much during rush hour. I'm assuming that means that the idea behind the congestion penalties is to switch us to mass transit or carpooling.

So which is it? Should we drive more or drive less? Make up your mind, government dudes!

In other news...
*School has started. Two days down, two days left for this week. So far no one is tired but me. Waking up earlier and staying busy all day - why isn't it making them tired?!?! I just don't understand and really I don't think it's fair at all.

*I made a poor choice today... I chose to buy a latte at Starbucks this afternoon while I was at Safeway with Felisa. So now I am exhausted but not the least bit sleepy. Darn it all anyway.

*We are supposed to be having a block-wide yard sale this Saturday. Hurricane Hanna is also scheduled to be in the area on Saturday. Unfortunately I think hurricane beats yard sale. Contingency plans are still in the works. I hope we figure out something because I have collected a very LARGE amount of junk, I mean fine used items, to sell. One way or another it's all leaving this house. Hopefully soon!

*While I am not sleepy, I am definitely tired. Too tired to figure out what else it was that I meant to blog about tonight. Oh well.

1 comment:

Mama Llama said...

I'm with you, Z.

Dude, only in America.

In most other countries, as far as I've seen, the roads don't matter so much. We're pretty darned spoiled.

Be well.