Sunday, September 07, 2008

Sunday Night Blues

This weekend started with soccer practice Friday night at 6. Tropical Storm Hanna's first sprinkles started as we were leaving the field on our bikes.

I was tired from a long first week of school but the kids were still full of energy. I wanted to go to bed and let the day/week be over. I was having a hard time convincing them to do the same.

Saturday morning started with rain. Lots and lots of rain. Darby got a long wet walk before the worst of it hit. Then I spent the day moving boxes and organizing and pricing things for the yard sale. I haven't heard the official total yet but I think 9" of rain. By the end of the day I was very, very tired.

Sunday morning started early - 0545 - in an attempt to get my yard sale items out and ready before the early birds showed up. At 0730 the first shopper had arrived. I really hate how they come in and disrupt my rythym of trying to get it all. I was hoping to be ready before 0800 early birds but it wasn't to be.

Made lots of money but still have lots to sell so we're going to try for another sale in a couple weeks. The kids were good in the house all morning. The weather was beautiful and the shoppers were bountiful. All was good. I got Darby out for a walk around 3 then spent a couple hours with my feet up, reading. Then dinner out with Shani and all the kids.

To this point, a lot of hard work but overall a good weekend. Now comes the Sunday Night Blues part... I'm tired. The kids are not. I want to go to bed and be done with the day. Lurking in all the shadows, however, are the nags. The mess that is my house. The to-do list a mile long. The fact that I really need to stop eating and start exercising. Real life is out there waiting for me but I'm not sure I'm ready to face it. Weekends packed with too much activity are bad for this reason. Not enough down time equals extra stress over the usual way-too-much-to-do lists.

So I've got the Sunday Night Blues. And Felisa sitting next to me, sniffing, wiping her nose, and stroking my arm, touching me at all times, NOT sleeping.

Calgon take me away!

1 comment:

zirelda said...

Uh I know exactly what you're talking about except the yard sale part because I am soooo not going there.

Hope you got some rest.