Thursday, September 04, 2008

Be careful what you wish for...

So I have been lamenting off and on this summer about how all the big and fuzzy, black and buzzy, carpenter bees have disappeared from my garden. I attribute it to the garlic spray I used in the backyard to keep the mosquitos away. Which may or may not have worked on the mosquitoes. It did however work on keeping the good bees away and had absolutely no effect on the very mean wasp/bee creatures that set up shop in the backyard and ultimately stung Bella and I. (They're dead now, by the way. I killed them! You see, that's what happens when you break the rules of living at Sheila's house. If you come inside my house and are too ugly or if you bother me outside, then you will die. Remember that, random bugs and spiders, if you ever stop by.)

So anyway, as I was leaving the house earlier, I was struck by the pure volume of big and fuzzy, black and buzzy, bees that are hanging around all over each and every flower on my obedient plant. The bees that I missed and that I wished would return. Well, they're back. And I really am glad to see them. Let's just say that my recent bad experience with the mean bees has left me a little jumpier than usual.

In other news...
I have once again completely forgotten whatever it was that was so earth-shattering that I just had to post immediately for all the world to see...

But there is this - after lunch I'm going on a soccer cleat hunt. Bella and Ryan tried on their shoes last night and none of them fit. Before I go buy new ones, I need to find the other pair that Ryan wore in his first year because they just might fit Bella now. But I have absolutely no idea where they might be or if they even exist. I may just be imagining that other phantom pair of soccer cleats. And I have to find them today because Bella has practice tomorrow!

1 comment:

zirelda said...

yay for bees!

I know this sounds goofy but I actually tried dryer sheets this summer for mosquitos and they work. They don't smell bad and I didn't get very many bites.