Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bumblebito Buzzito

Oh my god!

Bella and Kana (and then me when I went to rescue them!) were just attacked by a swarm of bees!

Apparently the girls decided to slide on the plastic slide over on the side of the house. And apparently some bees have taken up residence there this summer. Must've been while we were on vacation because this is the first time anyone has really been over there since before we left.

They both came running up the stairs and back inside. I saw two dark bugs on Bella's shirt and thought they were beetles. I shoo-ed her back outside to brush them off. I went outside to help at which point I realized they were bees. And they weren't just on her shirt - there were at least 10 of them stuck in her hair. So Shani and I are frantically trying to brush them off. Then they were in my hair. And then one stung me on the arm. Finally Kana is clear and then Bella is clear and I am clear. We slam the door and commence freaking out! Well, Bella and I were freaking out anyway.

I sat with Bella on the couch for a few minutes trying to get her to stop crying and calm down. Skippyjon Jones, one of her favorite books, was within reach on the bookshelf so I offered to read it, hoping for a distraction. And ironically enough the villian in the story... is a bumble bee! I mean really, what are the chances?!

So Bella has gone to her room to watch a movie and I gave her two motrin because she said her head hurts. I can't tell if one stung her there or not but maybe the motrin will help.

And I just have to say... Bee stings, well, they sting!

3 comments:

Mama Llama said...

Princesita says she is never, ever going to play in your backyard ever, ever again until your bee problem is cured. (her words) Young Prince concurs.

Sure did give them something to tell their father all about when they came home.

Thanks for the, night..and the entertainment!

Mrs. Darling said...

Oh the poor little thing. I wonder if she will like Skippyjon Jones so much after this? LOL

zirelda said...

ow....

somewhere around the 4th of July we noticed a tiny hornet nest in the Catalpa. We got busy and didn't take care of it right away. Several weeks later the thing was monstrous and oddly beautiful. Amazing to think hornets make them out of spit.

Dan finally sprayed them and the nest is still hanging in the tree. gonna have to cut the entire branch down to get rid of it.

Poor kiddos.