Monday, August 18, 2008

Tidbits

We're home (in case anyone didn't know - I thought I had posted a message to that effect but I guess not since there isn't one here!). We ended up arriving back two days early.

I'm enjoying a few minutes of quiet this afternoon... listening to some music while I work on my digi scrapbooks. The kids took Darby for a long walk with Grandma D and now they are at her place "watching and eating". I even moved my laptop from the bedroom to the dining room table for a change of scenery.

The weather is hot today.

The kids are bored with each other after an entire summer together. They play well for awhile but then they start picking and arguing. I'm ready for them to go back to school and be with their friends. Then they'll be happy to see each other here at home.

Melissa leaves tomorrow for college. All of us are going to miss her. Ryan was crying in the closet for awhile this afternoon because he was sad about her leaving. Daddy is gone and Melissa is gone and [3 teachers at his school] are all retired and gone... Heartbreaking I tell you.

Ron seems to be doing fine in Afghanistan... 4 meals a day and a job to do. He says he misses us and asks for pictures daily.

I got to go to Artie's with Bill and Christy the other night while the kids were all having sleepovers (at Zoe's and at Grandma D's). Yummy tuna, a margarita, and good company. Haven't spent much time with Shani yet but hopefully that will work itself out once we get our school year routine settled. I need someone to drink the vacation wine with...

The house was clean when we arrived but was trashed again in short order. I think I finally have everything unpacked except the kids' backpacks (which they should be doing, not me) and a bag of food souvenirs in the kitchen. Which means all the mess now is regular every day mess. Joy, joy.

Obviously I really don't have anything to say today so I'll let it go at this...

1 comment:

Mama Llama said...

I, for one am soooooo glad you are back. I'm up for w(h)ining anytime...you tell me when, I might be there with kids, but I'll be there!!!