Saturday, August 09, 2008

Day 21

August 9, 2008 – Saturday – Day 21

Wake up when Bella comes back to bed. The kids were all playing musical beds last night. All 3 of them started in my bed watching Looney Tunes. Bella, the only one who didn’t want to watch the movie, was the only one awake at the end of the movie. Since Ryan was asleep in her spot, she went to sleep with Grandpa R. In the middle of the night, Ryan woke up and said, “Why am I sleeping in this bed?” and went to Grandpa’s room. Sometime in the early morning Bella started roaming and eventually came to my room and went back to sleep.

Breakfast and coffee then a trip to the post office to check the mail. Grandma was going to go without me but I made her wait. When I was a kid I always walked to the post office with Grandma.

Lana went to town to get a haircut and buy more bags of Kitchen Cooked chips for all of us to bring home. Yum!!! Unfortunately I forgot to get my entertainment out of the car so no cross-stitching or crocheting or reading (except the newspaper) until she gets back. There’s no internet so I can’t even waste time online. Oh well, maybe I’ll work on a few scrapbook pages. My next quarterly deadline for CM is September 30 so I need to get at least one book finished by then.

Uncle Ron came by with Tegan to play with the kids. She was shy at first but then didn’t want to leave. We promised to come up to their place to play after lunch.

Ham salad and chicken salad for lunch – yum! And Kitchen Cooked chips of course.

The kids had fun playing at Tegan’s. Felisa and Tegan got wet watering the flowers so Tegan reluctantly loaned Felisa a dress for the day. Once again Tegan didn’t want to see the kids leave. It was good for all of them to play together since Tegan’s an only (though not for long!) child and my kids haven’t had many other kids to play with this trip.

We drove to town so Emilio could see downtown Macomb. Then home in time for dinner. Grandma made goulash and mashed potatoes (she dug the potatoes from her garden just this morning!). After dinner it was time for our daily park trip.

The kids are watching Pink Panther and the grown-ups are watching Family Feud on GSN. Lady (Grandma’s cat) is looking at me… apparently I’m sitting in her chair. So she walks over to my black bag with the scrapbooks inside and sits down on top of it. I guess she showed me!

No comments: