Saturday, August 23, 2008

Friday Notes

Some notes from yesterday while I'm drinking my coffee and mentally preparing for today...

*We went school supply shopping. Target first where we found everything but the erasers and glue sticks. I picked up some plain t-shirts for the girls and some jeans for Ryan. My grandma told me I needed new underwear (she had done some of my laundry while we were on the road this summer) so I bought some.

*We were hungry so went to Burger King for lunch. The kids got to play on the playground though they decided it wasn't as exciting as all the taller McD's ones we visited on our trip. There were negotiations between Bella and Felisa over whether or not to switch happy meal toys. Felisa would not give in so Bella had to settle. We also had a discussion about why Burger King is called Burger King. After all, a king is a person, not a burger. Or a restaurant. I tried my best to explain but she wasn't buying it.

*Next stop... Car Wash!!! The kids have been begging all summer to go to the car wash. We couldn't go before because the rooftop box was still on the van. Today though, the box was off (thanks Shani!) and we went to the car wash. It was quite possibly the highlight of the day. They were all very happy that I decided to pay for the long car wash not just the short one.

*On to Staples. Finally. Ryan had been declaring his love of office supply stores all morning. I can't blame. I love them too! We managed to get out of there without buying too many crazy extra things but we did go up and down all the aisles oohing and ahing.

*Last stop - Safeway. Ryan objected because he thought we were done. I think the length of time spent shopping was just too much for him. You know, he used to be my best shopper when he was younger. After all, I started him out before he could even crawl. Oh well. All the kids got donuts and Ryan got to pick out my coffee. For some reason he really likes to choose the coffee. Maybe it's because he likes to operate the pouring and grinding mechanisms.

*A little rant about Safeway... They have TVKarts now. Really? TV Karts? Our kids are so mind-numbingly incapable of surviving 30 minutes in the grocery store without watching TV?!? And I can only imagine how many commercials there are. Buy fruit snacks! Buy sugar! Buy! Buy! Buy! There didn't appear to be too much room for actual groceries in the cart and I'll be surprised if they're not broken in a week. The plastic car carts that my kids like have already lost half the steering wheels. Why on earth are people so incapable of caring for things? Especially things like these carts that don't belong to them? What are those other kids doing for crying out loud?!?
Safeway - I am NOT happy with your decision to offer TVKarts.

*Okay... let's see now. What else was there? Oh yeah. Dinner. I picked up a Rotisserie chicken (on sale for $4!) and some country crock already prepared mashed potatoes (I'll do anything to avoid cooking it seems!). So look - dinner! And minimal effort on my part. Anyway, Felisa declared dinner to be not as good as daddy cooks. I about choked on my chicken. Boy is that girl confused! Daddy doesn't cook! Which I immediately pointed out to her. I did say though that dinner was not as good as it is when daddy is home eating with us. Because it wasn't. The chicken was dry and the potatoes tasted funny. But whatever - it was dinner.

And that's about it. Today we have a couple errands. I need some anti-itch creme since I lost the one we brought with us on vacation and this bee sting is ITCHING LIKE CRAZY!!! Later tonight we have putt putt golf with the Cub Scouts. Oh joy.

4 comments:

Mama Llama said...

*TV carts? You have *GOT* to be kidding me.

*I love office supply stores, too.

*I hate it when someone else tells me I need new underwear.

*My kids call Burger King "King Burger." I am not certain how that happened, but it is so darned cute that I cannot bring myself to correct them

Have a great Saturday! I'll probably pack up and head to a *bucks to work a while today. I have my cel. Be well.

Mama Llama said...

And THERE you have it! ;)

zirelda said...

tv carts? OMG I hope they don't show up here. I hated the car ones and Rach always wanted to use them when she was little.

Car washes are fun!

Scatteredmom said...

TV CARTS? Omg, I'd refuse to shop at Safeway just for that. As if they need TV in the store, too. Why not just strap one to their little bodies?! :P