Friday, August 08, 2008

Day 20

August 8, 2008 – Friday – Day 20

0610 Wake up. Talk to Ron online.
0715 Breakfast
0803 Leave the hotel.
0840 Stop at McD’s for coffee and a potty break. I realized a few minutes ago that the girls hadn’t gone potty yet this morning. I figured it would be wise to stop at the next available bathroom before it turns into an emergency pee on the side of the road incident. As luck would have it, the next available stop was McD’s so I could get my iced coffee as well. Yea!

1110 Des Moines, IA - See a sign for Sonic and stop since this may be my last chance (well, at least until after we drop off Lana and head home). Plus, it’s been at least a week since I last ate at Sonic…

Here’s what we ordered:
Ryan: hot dog and strawberry slush
Bella: grilled cheese, tots, and water
Felisa: Chicken strips and strawberry slush
Grandpa R: #4 grilled chicken sandwich and a coke
Lana: #8 grilled chicken wrap and a diet dr. pepper
Sheila: #12 Super Sonic breakfast burrito with tots and cherry coke

I had to write it down so I could get the order right so I figured I might as well record it for posterity…

2:05 p.m. Mt. Pleasant, IA stop for gas. $3.65/gallon

2:45 p.m. Illinois! And the Mississippi River! Once we were across the river we could see the flood damage in Gulfport. There is still standing water a third of the way up houses and buildings and you can see the water line where it was higher before. The road is closed so we go the long way around the Good Hope.

3:15 p.m. See a sign for Roseville. Felisa is happy to have a place with her name.

3:33 p.m. Arrive at Grandma’s!

The kids played for a bit then we had beef and noodles for dinner. Super yum! After dinner we went to the park then home for popsicles and then finally bed time. The kids were not tired at all (something about riding in the car all day…) so I put in a movie for them. Of course that means they are all in my bed so there is no room for me until the movie is over. Guess I’ll go upstairs and watch TV with the grownups for a while. Felisa came up after about 20 minutes so I had to go back down and squeeze in on the edge.

No comments: