Wednesday, August 20, 2008

If It's Not One Dog, It's the Other

Last night was one of THOSE nights...

I had the opportunity to go to sleep earlier than what has become my usual midnight or beyond, but I wasn't tired. I did finally fall asleep some time after 11 while trying to watch the women's final gymnastics event.

At 1:00, Darby woke me up, whining to go out. By this point I had already had at least one weird dream and pushed Felisa off of me at least 5 times. I kept covering her up, hoping that if she were warmer, she would stop tossing and turning ALL OVER ME!

Darby and Cody went out and I went back to bed.

Sometime around 3, Cody started barking at who know's what. Which is probably what woke Bella up because a minute later, she was in bed with me. I told her to lie down and gave her a blanket to cover up with. Cody came back to bed as well. So bed total: 2 kids, 1 mom, and 1 dog.

At 4 Darby had to go outside again. At this point I start to put everything together. He had a soft poop last night when I wallked them before bed. Which means he has diarrhea AGAIN! That dog has been sick more often in the last few months... when you add his freak-out carpet-licking, paper-and-plant-eating episodes it's at least once a week.

Cody didn't want to go out at 4 so the two of us sat on the white couch and tried to not wake up too much while we waited for Darby to come back.

When we were all finally back upstairs, I was hearing phantom noises and had to check at least 3 times that both dogs were still in the room and not out causing trouble somewhere in the house.

I was able to go back sleep which left plenty of time for more weird dreams and more restless Felisa. Darby was whining again at 8 but it was time to get up anyway. My stirring woke up the girls. We all went downstairs where we found Ryan and Cody watching TV.

Grandma D came by and is walking the dogs now. I gave the kids breakfast. Now I need a shower and we all need to get dressed to go to the farmer's market and various other playdates and errands.

1 comment:

zirelda said...

I absolutely hate nights like that. And lately with Eddie, I'm having a lot of them.

I've given you a love note on my blog. You can pick it up at your convenience.