Thursday, August 07, 2008

Oh! I forgot!

I realized today while driving that I forgot to tell the story about the motorcycle dude that flipped me off yesterday. For no good reason!!!

We had stopped at the bathroom then went on the short hike. While we were hiking, a motorcycle had gone into the ditch somewhere up in the curvy hilly road we had just driven down prior to stopping. The park rangers closed the road at the bottom of the hill so the cyclists could wait on the flat road while a tow truck was pulling the bike out. When we came back to the car, a ranger was there holding up traffic. He told me what happened and asked which way we were headed. I told him we were going the other way so he said to go ahead.

About 5 cars/bikes or so back in the line, a motorcycle dude flipped us off after he (I can only guess) arrived to see us pulling out of the parking lot and driving away. I suppose that he thought we were the cause of the holdup. I really have no idea what his problem was.

I bounced his bad energy off and turned it into good deeds and public service... I stopped at every car and group of bikes down the rest of the line and explained why everyone was stopped. And all of them were very nice and thanked me for telling them.

So there - mean, grumpy, rude biker dude. Take that!

No comments: