Friday, July 24, 2009

Day 10

Friday, July 24, 2009

At breakfast this morning, we noticed some deer and sheep across the street. So after breakfast we grabbed our food buckets and headed out. Unfortunately the animals this year are either not hungry or very shy because as soon as we headed out, they all started to walk or run away. Betty managed to entice a couple of them up to eat but most of the group stayed back away from us.

So, now what to do? Betty needed to run an errand in town so we all piled into the car and headed out. Betty dropped the kids and I off at Hastings while the rest of them went to Lowes. Then they came back to pick us up. The man they needed to see at Lowes was on a lunch break so we decided to go to lunch too. Yummy food at a little hole in the wall Mexican place called Conchitas. Then back to Hastings for us while the others went back to Lowes. After they picked us up again, we drove across the spot in town where the Chisholm trail started in Kerrville. Then we went to the Museum of Western Art. There were paintings, sculptures, and saddles. But what the kids enjoyed most was the Children’s Area. A conestoga wagon, clothes to dress up in, dishes to cook with, and supplies to pack. They had a great time there until we had to drag them away. After the museum we decided to go ahead and stop at the store to buy more milk since we were already in town.

Ron had called while we were at the grocery store so I called him back once I was home and settled in with my drink. Sweet sparkling wine we bought at the store, with fancy sugar around the rim. Yum. Ron reported that I have received a few complaints about my lack of blog updates. Since I have no wireless connection, I can only be online in the barn office. Which is hot. And by the end of the day, I am generally not interested in sitting in the hot office typing. But I’ll do my best to get another day or so up online later. Gotta keep the fans happy… :)

After dinner we went rock-hunting out in the back, outside the fence. Then we drove to another place on the ranch to look for more. We also saw a few animal skeletons while we were out there.

After our dusty rock-hunting we had more cake for dessert then headed for bed. When we got to the barn, we found that the new episode of Wizards of Waverly Place was on. Wizards vs. Vampires, part 1. So we all watched that. The kids still didn’t want to go to sleep but I told them to sleep anyway. That worked for Ryan and Bella. Felisa was still awake for awhile longer. And even after she fell asleep, I couldn’t. Must have been the coffee I got at the bookstore this afternoon… Eventually, sometime after midnight, I fell asleep.

No comments: