Saturday, May 20, 2006

It was destiny

Apparently Felisa was destined to fall on her head. After all, there have been several near misses and plenty of opportunity this week. I managed to keep her safe from herself until yesterday.

There we were at Staples, looking for toner for the laser printer. She has been giving Ryan strangle holds, I mean loving hugs, every time I stopped the cart. No sooner have I said, "Stop doing that. You're going to fall on your head," and she is flipping head first over the back of the cart, landing on her head/back. I still can't believe she actually did it. I don't think she can believe it either.

Many tears later, she is okay. She gets a little teary when forced to recount the episode for Daddy and Grandma D. "Fall head. Hurts lot," she says. Hopefully though the lesson will stick with her for awhile.

And there it is for all the world to see - proof that I let my baby fall on her head.

No comments: