Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Movie Madness

I went to the movies yesterday. Twice.

I still can hardly believe it - twice in one day. Me. At the movie theater.

First I went with Grandpa R and Melissa and the kids to see Wall-E. Good Disney-Pixar flick. I noticed the Disney Castle logo scene before the movie has been redone with fancy computer graphics. And the Magician short before the movie - Hilarious! We were all cracking up. Feels good to laugh like that.

I enjoyed the earth conservation and anti-consumerism messages of Wall-E. And by the end of the movie I could totally relate to the Gene Shallit review of "for a movie with only two words spoken throughout, it was surprisingly good." After about the first 20 minutes of the movie (in which there are only two robots and only two words!) Felisa asked, "Is this it? Just a movie with two robots?!?" The lady sitting in front of us was laughing at that one.

Next on the list - a "date" with Shani. She ended up with free movie tickets from the grocery store about a month ago. It was my last night with in-house babysitting so we decided to go for it. Off to the 8 p.m. showing of Sex and the City. As we were sitting in the theater waiting for the movie to start, I remarked that this is the second rated R movie I have been to in the last month. Whoa! I'm really getting crazy now! The movie was good. Then we hit the bar for drinks and dessert at 11. P.M.! On a Monday night! And the really crazy thing was that there were other people there too and children as well (well the kids weren't at the bar but were outside in the mall area). Crazy, crazy world!

And now I am off to take Darby to the vet for a checkup and shots. We'll see if he still likes car rides after this!

*Edited to add... Ron went to the movies last night too, down in Tampa. He saw Wanted. His review: Decent action flick.

2 comments:

Mama Llama said...

Action schmaction.

We got sex. And the city. And dessert.

That trumps action, doesn't it? In my book, it sure does...and by a looooong shot!

Glad you enjoyed your day!

Cheryl Wray said...

Sounds like a FUN way to spend a day!! I've heard both of those are really good.