Monday, February 13, 2006

The lazy way

So I have long been on a quest to find some activites to suggest when the kids say... I don't know what to do now... Activities that do not require any intervention or work from me. I was browsing the library the other day looking for a book I had read but couldn't remember the title(It was The Happy Family) and I found this book - Keep Your Kids Busy The Lazy Way. The summary on the back promises ideas for keeping the kids busy and happy, sans TV, and (I quote) "without having to turn yourself into a full-time coach and activity planner". Aha, I think - this is what I have been looking for. So I checked it out and read it. Turns out I'm already doing it the Lazy Way. That's not good news. Apparently I have reached the minimum level of parental involvement already. Which is too bad - I was hoping to find more suggestions for keeping them busy without needing me so I can do all those other things I have to do everyday (dishes, laundry, cooking, etc - you know the drill!) It is officially hopeless.

1 comment:

mapiprincesa! said...

Oh, honey...I think that is an eternal quest.