Sunday, February 12, 2006

The snow has arrived...

Where are the snow plows?

I was supposed to be out all day scrapping. Went to church last night in preparation for being gone today. But then the snow started to fall.... and fall... and fall...

Such is life. I'll try not to dwell on where I could be but instead look for good things in where I am. We had an absolutely lovely spontaneous potluck last night with the G family. They were at church last night as well and we decided to hang out together, enjoying their fireplace while watching the snow and the Olympics. I had actually prepared ahead of time for a change so I had a pot of French Onion soup and ceasar salad to contribute. We made up some quick salami rolls and brought the Entemenns cake to round it all out. Walking home was magical. I love the calm the blanket of snow brings. No cars, no sounds, no one else out and about but our family, walking down the street, enjoying the snow. Warms my heart...

I also love the neighborly family feeling that comes out after the storm when everyone is out shovelling rather than rushing off somewhere or hanging out inside in front of the TV (or whatever it is other families do at home). We talk and laugh and shovel... Also warms my heart...

And now it is time to warm all of me in a round of shovelling. Ron had round one. He says the plow just came through so now I have to go dig out the ends of the driveways. We try to always do our 2 neighbors and the house across the street. Just the single women as Ron said this morning. :) Never mind that they are all retired or almost so... single is single. :)

No comments: